Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I made it in this morning

There was at least 4-6 extra inches on my driveway this morning. I'm grateful most of my drive is on the highway because the roads were pretty clean. The side streets weren't even too bad. Everyone behaved themselves this morning in my path to the sitter and to work--drive was pretty steady and smooth.

At one point I was on a back road behind a snow plow. I had to stay way back. Everything the poor guy was plowing was blowing right back onto the road. And right behind him, I'm driving directly into a big white cloud--visibility negative. Keith thought it was cool.

When I got up this morning at 5:15, I checked the news and Mary's school wasn't closed--Rochester City Schools, but not Penfield. This was really no surprise as even though there was snow on the ground, it didn't look too bad outside. I meant to check the news again before I left, but I didn't get a chance. I left about 15 minutes earlier than normal--and got to work about 10 minutes late. (Not too bad, actually. Darn snow plow slowed me down!) But I get here, and the girls start talking, and then I come to find out that they DID eventually close Mary's school this morning (two of my co-workers have kids in the same school district). ARGH! Quick phone call to John: he's going to stay home with her and try to work from home.

No Girl Scouts tonight. Darn!

We're supposed to get another 4-8 inches before the end of the day. Wonder what the drive home will be like?

6 comments:

davesbeachbar said...

Happy St. Valentines Day!! Yeah I was one of the few who made it into work today as well. God I love the Jeep. Who knows what we will try to get done today, might be an early day again

WHOOO HOOOOOO

MR said...

Speaking of high maintenance, she wakes up to an extra 4-6 inches and she's complaining.

CAQuincy said...

Hey! That wasn't complaining. That was just stating a FACT. No one here in Rochester "complains" about the weather. It's all just part of being stupid enough to live in a city by a Great Lake in the freakin' Northeast. We KNOW it's stupid--it's just the way it is up here.

Oh, wait--that's starting to sound something like a complaint. Hmmmm....

CAQuincy said...

Oh wait--the crappy weather is messing with my sarcasm meter. NEVER MIND.

MR said...

No problem, Sybill, your mind is obviously pure as the driven snow.

Marcus said...

Happy warm heart and Happy St. Patrick's Day!