One co-worker has a mom who manages a Hallmark store. She's all in a tizzy since this is one of their busiest days of the year, and now probably no customers will show up due to the small fact that we got a FREAKIN' BLIZZARD going on. Of course, I'm laughing to think of those poor schleps who waited until the last minute to buy their "nearest and dearests" a gift and are now stuck giving her a slim jim and a coke. I wonder how many accidents today will be due to the guys stuck with those high maintenance chicks and are therefore having to brave the elements and their necks to get that "perfect gift" or else check their "package" at the door.
I must remind my husband AGAIN how lucky he is that I am LOW maintenance and could give a rat's ass about SAINT Valentine's Day. (Or I am the worst kind--I AM high maintenance but I THINK I'm low maintenance? No comments on that from the peanut gallery please. I would like to live in my little dream world a little longer, thank you.)
2 comments:
You don't like your snow in the middle of the road, you like it on the side. "On the side" is a VERY big thing with you.
Actually, I'm generally miffed with people who risk their lives and others to drive on bad days/nights for errands that are meaningless. Granted, people might not have known there was going to be a blizzard, but it was pending. Also ... ST. PATRICK'S DAY is generally always on the same day. It's kinda hard to forget.
Post a Comment