I dragged myself to my interview and put my best effort into NOT looking like death warmed over. I think it went pretty well. Of course, I was their only recent applicant, so if I don't get it, they REALLY didn't like me (oh dear!). I should hear something today. Cross your fingers for me.... (And all I can think of now is how this nice guy shook my hand and took my pestulant germs home to his twin sons and expectant wife last night. OH, I hope not!)
When I got home from the interview I said to John, "Can I go crash now?" I greeted the kids as they got off the bus, pulled on some comfy clothes, and delegated myself to the bedroom. I did try to come out once, but John insisted I keep my germs to myself. I had a slight fever by this point, anyway--so back to bed!
The house is a complete disaster. I was getting behind on housework anyway due to all this job hunting and interviews, but yesterday....ugh. The garbage was over-flowing and the sink was full of dirty dishes (and probably residual puke), but every time I entered the kitchen...BLEH...I had to run back out. I felt better around 6:30, and washed a few of the dishes and soaked the rest. It's all I had the energy to do. John took out the garbage--SHOCK!
John cooked dinner--which means that he ordered a pizza for himself and the kids. My diet for the whole day consisted of several cups of tea (minus the one that ended up in the kitchen sink), three pieces of toast with jelly, and a half a stack of crackers.
We skipped Keith's first CS meeting (John said he wasn't feeling too well either).
The kids kept popping their head in the bedroom door to say hi to me. "Are you feeling OK?" They don't see Mom sick very often, I could tell they were a bit confused about the whole thing.
I finally went to sleep around 10:00. John decided to steer clear of my germs and slept on the couch. Good thing. I woke up at 1:00 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep for a quite a while. The aches and fever were back, and it seemed to take the Advil FOREVER to finally kick in. Miserable.
Woke up this morning feeling 110% better. Still don't think I'm going to water aerobics, though--too tired. And I doubt much of the housework will get done either. And now I'm trying to decide if I want to bother signing up for this other staffing agency today at 3:00. They didn't have any tempting jobs posted on their website the other day....
3 comments:
I hope that you're feeling better soon. And good luck with that job.
*fingers crossed*
Shame on you letting the house get dirty when you were sick. If you wash the dishes, you'll be right near the sink for when you need to puke.
(hahaha... trust me, this cures her guilt)
It seems almost self-evident that your stress w/re:2 getting a job, leaving your full time Mother role and integration into said new job has weakened previous aformentioned and said immune system forthwith and defacto amino acids... hmm.. that sentence just broke down. In short, dass why mama sik.
Post a Comment