Devan recently posted a delicious-sounding whole wheat brownie recipe, and it put me in mind of this one. Amusingly, I got this recipe out of a set of Sesame Street books I've had since I was a kid (Number 14). And amusingly, I never did make the recipe as a kid--and forgot all about it until I started reading the books to the kids as an adult.
Whole Wheat Banana Bread
3 peeled, ripe bananas
3/4 Cup honey
1/4 Cup melted butter
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 Cup whole wheat flour
Mash the bananas in a big bowl. Add the melted butter. Add baking soda, flour, and honey. Stir until mixed together. Pour into greased bread pan. Bake for one hour at 350 degrees. Check with toothpick. Let cool before slicing.
**And of course, I throw in like a half a cup of mini-chocolate chips 'cause that's the way my kids like it (I LURVE banana bread without the chips myself).
Mary just helped me whip up a loaf, and it's in the oven now! Mmmmm! Enjoy!
2 comments:
mmmm! Sounds great! I'll have to try this one.
hmm... "oven" you say? So, if I'm in the den, where might I find this "oven"? Is it far from here? If it's what I'm thinking of, I think I unplugged it and filled it with computer manuals.
Post a Comment