Thursday, January 15, 2009

PUKEFEST 2.0

Oh no! Not again!

Oh yes! Another bout of the stomach flu has hit the day care. I knew we were in trouble when Izzy didn't fall asleep last night, but lay there moaning and groaning. Crap. Around 11:00, I grabbed a trashcan and crawled in bed with Izzy to help direct the flow. And at around the midnight, the puking began.

We were basically up all night--the puking/dry heaves didn't stop until around 7:00 this morning. John's schedule dictated that it was MY turn to stay home with the sickling. I didn't actually mind as I didn't get ANY sleep last night and was really in no mood to work anyway.

Izzy is now on the mends. She's starting to perk up and actually managed to eat a handful of crackers. Meanwhile, Mom is hoping HER upset stomach is due to drinking a cup of coffee, and NOT due to germ-transference through the night.

Bleh.

2 comments:

Mommy Daisy said...

I'm glad she's getting better. I was sick for 5 days and am finally feeling better. It's no fun.

Hopefully you can get some rest today too.

MR said...

trash can? Why don't you just let her sleep in the tub?