The long lost Holiday post:
Our kids are spoiled.
And so am I.
X-mas was a ball, of course. I had started coming down with another cold, but everyone else was healthy. I spent the whole day on X-mas Eve FINALLY getting all my baking done for the neighbors. Goodies were dropped off by 5:00. After the kids went to bed, I wrapped the rest of the presents while John and I watched Dr. Who.
At 6:15 Keith was up. I nudged John, thinking the FUN was about to start. Nope. Keith went to the bathroom and then immediately went back to bed. Ha! Around 7:30, I hear the pitter-patter of feet again--and excited whispers. Oh yes! NOW it's time! John and I got up and joined the kids as they gazed upon ALL. THOSE. PRESENTS! (Actually, John and I were very grateful that the haul didn't seem to be as big as last year....) Despite my protests to just "WAIT!" I heard them tearing into the wrapping paper as I was running down to get the camera. John took over the camera--and the new memory card he had bought the night before didn't work! So he made the kids stop (they probably had about two torn into a piece) while he figured it out. To stall time, I made the kids get up and eat their breakfast, "But I'm not hungry!" Finally, we got some sort of camera action going on, so the tearing commenced.
After the carnage, John says, "Hey, let's go to the movies." Um...OK (thinking...but what about dinner?) Ah! Let's go OUT to dinner!
So we went out and saw Desperaux and then drove around to find an open Chinese place (thinking..."Fa Ra Ra Ra Ra, Ra Ra Ra Ra"). Just as we are walking into a Chinese place, we notice people walking into the Japanese place next door (which did NOT have their sign lit). Quick! We walk in--yeah,they don't open for five minutes. No problem! We'll wait!
So we sat at the hibachichi, and the kids got entertained, and the steak was absolutely PERFECT, and the waitress was amazed our kids would actually eat a) sushi and b) the onion soup. Yeah--we're raising them right!
On the way home we stopped at a gas station to buy outrageously priced batteries, so the kids could play with their new toys.
New favorites:
The Didjs and the Leapster 2 (thanks again, Aunt Lynnie!)
All! Those! Beads!
The ball thing for Keith....
New bikes for the girls!
Lots and LOTS of art supplies
Wii Fit (now I need to force myself to actually USE it)
...and we also plan on getting the kids swim lessons with leftover funds.
Much, much fun.
For New Year's we invited the neighbors over. We adults ended up just having a few beers and chatting while the kids all watched movies downstairs. All the kids (well, except the baby) made it past midnight this year. Anyway, we adults were having so much fun just yakking, that we never even managed to get out the Wii. I know! Good times....
No comments:
Post a Comment