Anytime you volunteer for an organization, they are going to run you dry, dry, dry and use you up like a hankie (just keep washin' and ringin' it--we kin use it ag'in!)
And anytime you put an idea out there--or even, perhaps DO the job for which you volunteered and organize a very small event which fits in your comfort- and volunteer-level--the ONES over your head are going to TAKE OVER and RUN WITH IT and make it this HUGE thing with NEWSLETTERS and a PHONE CALL CAMPAIGN and the next thing you know, you're organizing an EVENT you don't feel you have the gumption--or even qualifications--to do, and THEN you find out that your main back-me-up, always helpful, co-chair-person-thingy suddenly cannot attend and you'll be doing the whole blasted, out-of-control, event ALONE. With lots of wound-up little girls. And possibly their younger (can't-find-a-sitter) siblings.
AUGH!!!!!
2 comments:
Oh dear. I have so been there. My sympathies. I think I must have some sort of invisible (to me) label on my forehead that reads "volunteer sucker." Good luck!!!
Yeah, I hear you on this one. Big time. I tend to have great enthusiasm and jump into projects, committees, etc., then realize, "Oh crap! I didn't want to do all THIS! I just wanted to stuff envelopes and feel a warm glow of smug self-righteousness!"
Post a Comment