There is nothing wrong with my girly parts. Of course, I kinda knew that after going to the gyno the other day. When I told her the location of my pain, she said, "That high up?" Um, yes. And so I went to the ultrasound today, and when asked, I showed her the location of my pain. Guess what? I have a very normal, healthy uterus, and two normal, healthy ovaries. But the actual spot of pain, oh--that wasn't even checked. It's quite a distance from my baby-making machinery.
If the pain continues (and yes, I still feel a twinge even today) I will just have to go to an internist. Because the "next steps" the gyno was discussing with me the other day only have to do with possible female problems. And since my pain isn't anywhere NEAR my female parts, I DOUBT those steps will help.
I feel like saying, "How can you be so obtuse?"
So...should I be bitter at my gyno for sending me to a completely unnecessary ultrasound (when my spot of pain was a half a foot from the body parts in which she specializes?) or....should I be grateful that she dotted her i's and sent me there to verify what she already knew--there was no female problem. I'm stuck here. But I'm leaning more towards the bitterness. Because I am thinking she wasn't really listening to ME at all--just checking into what she knows best.
BRIGHT SIDE: That's one thing the pain is NOT.
3 comments:
Hey, I just had an ultrasound down there yesterday too! Apparently my girl parts are fine as well. I had never seen my uterus on a flat screen T.V. before. Ever so entertaining.
Did they send you to a new doctor if it's not your girl parts?
Okay, I'm way behind on blogs, and on commenting. And I've been meaning, FOREVER, to come over here, ever since you mentioned socks in bed/dry heels in a comment on MY blog. I had the same problem, it was horrible. I started using Burt's Bees Almond Milk Hand Cream on my feet, twice a day. And, lo! They healed. I wore flip flops all last summer and my feet never got gross at all, which is a miracle. A miracle! They sell it at Target and Walgreen's and such, if you feel like trying it out. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.
Also, I hope they get this figured out soon. Ugh.
Blessings to you ... hopefully you'll get a doctor who searches the right area for the issue.
Post a Comment