Sunday, November 02, 2008

My own PIF

I haven't won a SINGLE Pay It Forward contest yet! (Sounds like a conspiracy to me!)

SO, I have decided to STOP BEING SELFISH and just to simply HOST MY OWN CONTEST!

I'm not sure what the giftie will be yet, but let it be known that I DO have access to Target AND upstate NY's very BEST line of grocery stores that start with a "W."

So, while I spend the next week or so collecting random things here and there, you all can enter the contest! Don't forget that the point of the PIF is that you have to be willing to host your OWN contest on your blog.

Just leave me a comment, and tell me your favorite book as a kid and your favorite book as an adult. Deadline: November 8th at midnight.

(Crap! What am I getting into here?)

There! No more being selfish. I can spread the love and cheer and have fun shopping at the same time!

8 comments:

ya ya's mom said...

oh i LOVE LOVE LOVE the PIF giveaways!!! (i found you via you entering my giveaway)

i've never been to NY so I have no idea what your upscale grocery store that starts with a w could be....

but i know i love to win! and i hope you win my giveaway!!!

Anonymous said...

I've also been trying to win one of these, soon I will be hosting my own anyway :D

I used to love the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle, and Chicka Chicka Boom Boom :)
(A told B and B told C I'll meet ya to the top of the coconut tree :D)

Ginny said...

Fun contest! I'm holding a bunch of giveaways right now, try your luck at my site!

My favorite books as a kid were the Box Car Children set. My favorite adult book is Golden Compass. I love the Stephanie Plum series as well.

Anonymous said...

I must have read Harriet the Spy about a bajillion times when I was a kid. FAVORITE.

Favorite adult book... hm. Maybe Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult. But it's very hard to call just one book my favorite nowadays!

Oh, and also: I am in LOVE with Wegmans (or Weggamans, as my 3yo calls it). I'm from PA, where you can find a Wegmans almost as easily as you can in NY (I also lived there briefly, Rochester). When we moved to where I live now (DC area), I was soooo sad cause the closest one was about an hour away! But they just opened a new one about 20 minutes from us and needless to say I choose to trek there for groceries over the store just up the street waaay too often!

(That was too much talk about a grocery store, wasn't it? Sorry!)

Hotch Potchery said...

I am new to your blog, and wanted to leave a comment because I liked your question so much.

As a child, my favorite book was called Enchanted Wood by Enid Blyton. As an aside, to make sure I spelled her name correctly, I googled the book and it is part of a TRILOGY...that is exciting.

As an adult, I would say the Harlan Coben book, Tell No One was the book that kept me reading the whole night.

MR said...

I don't really want to win because I don't agree to the terms (my blog isn't even public) but...

The Giving Tree/The Sorrows of Young Werther

Unknown said...

Oh I would LOVE to enter!! my favorite book as a kid was Matilda by Roald Dahl, it's still one of my favorite books, and as an adult my favorite is The Cider House Rules by John Irving :D

Bethany said...

Ohh fun!

My favorite book as a child (or that I read to my kiddos @ school): Mrs Piggle-Wiggle, Chicka-Chicka Boom Boom, Pete's a Pizza

as an adult: anything by Karen Kingsbury!