Friday, November 21, 2008

A Very Happy Birthday Girl

When I picked up Izzy from daycare yesterday, she didn't want to leave. She was in the middle of putting together an alphabet puzzle and could NOT be distracted from it--not even with the promise of BIRTHDAY CAKE! and PRESENTS! WAITING FOR YOU AT HOME! So, I helped her with the puzzle (the Q was missing! what a conspiracy!), we picked up some toys, and then we started heading out the door. But not before she told the provider, two other kids, and the kids' mom alllllll about her birthday and her presents and how she's FOUR today! (OK, THAT's more like it!)

I decided to NOT have an evening of fighting over dinner and how much everyone was eating, so we had a couple of Red Barons for dinner. And since we're having pizza, well, cripes, we HAVE to watch a movie! So we let Izzy unwrap her first present: Wall-E. The LOOK on her face! The supreme JOY! ...So we started watching our movie (watching the shorts first, of course).

When Izzy was done with her pizza, she announced it was time to OPEN PRESENTS! The rest of us gulped our helpings down, we turned off the movie (it would have gone too late to let the kids watch the whole thing, anyway), and presented the Princess with her horde.

The clothes were obviously very quickly pushed aside (although there was a definite pause and "ooooh!" when she saw the light-up Dora shirts). If I have to pick out a favorite from the rest, it definite would have to be the moon rover that goes with the space ship she got last year. "I've got the green guy now!" (She's very, very thrilled to have all these astronauts around now.) But the space puzzle, the Dora water-coloring book, and the Wall-E "noisy" book are all a very, very close second.

On to CAKE! And another gasp of surprise at the appearance of Wall-E on it. It may have been a Wall-E overload here, folks!

Thanks again, family, for all the wonderful presents. I know we don't express our appreciation enough--but it's so there!

No comments: