Yes, yesterday I hit the 3-6. Ugh. But it was a pretty good day all-in-all.
Somehow or another I managed to sleep in(!). My MOTHER woke me up at 8:45 to call and wish me happy birthday. I then spent the rest of the morning on the phone. After mom, my friend L. called, THEN my father. I was feeling the love yesterday!
(Then Mary and I delivered cookies in the rain. That was NOT pretty good, so I'm not going to focus on that, mkay?)
We all went out to my favorite Japanese restaurant and pigged out on udon and sushi. Then we went to the mall (to FINALLY pick up Izzy's pictures, which have been ready since 10/30!), and we got a couple of cookies at Mrs. Fields (we were all too full for a cake).
Keith made me a card. Izzy kept jumping around asking me about my party. Mary wondered where my presents were. Guess what kids, when you're an adult, you typically do NOT get (nor WANT) parties. Birthdays just aren't so exciting!
HOWEVER, I did get two gifts. Mom sent me an apple peeler/corer/slicer so that I could attempt my hand at making apple pies. John got me a RING.
I know! Can you believe it! I'm SO freaking spoiled!
You see, when I lost my wedding rings a couple of weeks ago, thinking they were long gone, I actually started looking for replacements. I found a couple I liked, but it wasn't until I went into this jewelry store that was going out of business that I found one I absolutely FELL IN LOVE with. White gold, just under half carat solitaire, marquis cut. Beautiful--and super, super cheap! ...Well, then I found my rings. Case closed. Ah! But then John told me that if I really, really wanted it I could get it for my birthday. Well, I mulled it over and then decided to treat myself. I don't buy myself nice things very often--and I've never had a new ring. And I'm NOT complaining about that--I've been using my mother's rings for the last ten years, and I don't mind, because I LOVE them (or else I wouldn't have WORN them for ten years!). ...But it sure is nice having something that beautiful that is my own.
Gah! I've turned all vain and girly all of a sudden! Who knew!?
Anyway, it's now four days until little Izzy turns FOUR. She's super excited about it. I think I'm going to invite little M. from across the street to come and share some cake and ice cream with Izzy. Presents are already trickling in. And I'm picking up ours on Tuesday. She can't wait! :)
3 comments:
To celebrate your birthday, my friends and I ALSO went out to Takaoka last night for Japanese food. Yum.
EVERYONE should eat Japanese food on my birthday!
Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment