We enjoyed our Thanksgiving dinner with our neighbors. The food was good, the company was excellent, the little kids were kind of, um, un-SHARE-ful, but yes, it was a lot of fun. And I even got to bring home leftover dark meat--aparently I'm the only one in a room of 20 people who will eat it.
Black Friday the kids and I spent the WHOLE day watching Mork and Mindy or Avatar. John commented later, "Are you going to watch TV all day? Wait, come to think of it, it's been really, really quiet around here." Yes. Watching TV all day means that the 2nd and 3rd Units are too zoned in to it to fight with each other like they normally do--ALL DAY.
I also turned on the crockpot, and we had a most delicious Black Friday meal of Keith's favorite food: roast and mashed potatoes (actually, he won't eat THOSE, but John, Mary, and I love 'em!) and green beans.
Finally, the TV was turned off, the Rock Band came on, and we rocked into the night. Keith is finally getting that bass line down to complete our set of four (Izzy currently prefers to play back-up singer to Mommy with her unplugged mic).
After the kids went to bed, John went all medieval with his Oblivion game, and I went downstairs and watched more Mork and Mindy. It was not the first time I realized that the show was much, much funnier in its first couple of years.
I went to bed really, really late (stayed up for the wedding, honeymoon, and birth of Mearth) and not 10 minutes after I lay down, Keith cried out and then got out of bed and started wandering the halls. I got up to check on him: he had FINALLY lost his first tooth. He's been working on it for AGES. And having learned to LET IT GO after all the issues with the FIRST KID, I was very good and kept my hands OUT OF HIS MOUTH. Well, the sucker had gotten so loose, that it fell out WHILE HE WAS SLEEPING. See, there is a REASON we mothers get so panicky about things like that! No, he didn't swallow it, but STILL.... John and I told the very, very alert Keith that it was probably "too late" for the tooth fairy to make an appearance (it was 3:30 in the morning!); maybe she'll stop by tonight....
1 comment:
I thought the tooth fairy local 189 was on strike in Rochester, so don't count on it.
Post a Comment