Monday, November 24, 2008

With a (Painful) Smile on My Face

Another exhausting weekend attempting to clear out the week's accumulated clutter and laundry and delivering cookies and then having folks over for a sorta-kinda b-day party for Izzy (which got broken up a tad early do to the 3-yo coming down with a fever) and then quite POSSIBLY catching a cold. My TEETH hurt, my eyes feel as if someone is crushing them. Perhaps it's time I stopped putting it off and actually got the humidifier out for our bedroom.

Despite the sinus issues I do feel lucky. Because as of Friday, there were 90 kids out of school due to the stomach bug. And we had not ONE puking incident all weekend. I know! And me with the two world's worst nail-biting and hand-washing children this side of the Mississippi!

Another good thing: I got out the new toy my mother sent me for my birthday, and actually peeled/cored/sliced a bag of apples to make a homemade apple pie. And then served it warm and a-la-mode. DE-licious. Interesting that Mary was more impressed with the apple peeler/corer/slicer (and the sour "noodles" of peelings it made) than the actual pie. Ah well. More for me and Keith.

I went to my boyfriend Danny's last night (Wegmans, that is) and bought $140 in groceries for this coming week--and I'm not even fixing the turkey dinner this year! But I am making a cheese ball, a pumpkin pie, and chocolate chip cookies (again! you'd think the neighbors would be sick of them by now!). I have decided that the Q's Black Friday feast will be a roast in the crock pot. Easy! and Yummy! and EVERYONE will actually EAT it! Anyway, I'm impressed that with forgetting my list and all there were only TWO THINGS I forgot to get. *sigh* Back to Danny's tonight!

And a note to our mystery GS customer: I have no idea if it was Mary or me who accidentally handed you a box of Thin Mints instead of the Tag-a-longs you ordered. And since I have no idea WHICH house you actually lived in (or whether it was Saturday or Sunday--or even last weekend WHEN we screwed up), I now will have to go back to Cookie Dad and make an exchange so that TWO customers aren't screwed up. GAH! I hate cookie time! And it was cold and snowy and Mary kept complaining her feet were cold (mine too!). I told her, "See why sometimes it's nice to NOT make your goal and sell so many cookies?" Yeah, I'm a TRUE leader, can't you tell? (Only three more absentee customers to track down!)

No comments: