Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pulling my hair out

1. It's like a ghost town at work. People are on vacation or "working from home," and I'm all alone up front here. Heck, the door was still locked when I got in this morning, so I had to wait for one of the VPs to show up and let me in one of the side doors here. The good news: if the phones stay quiet, we may be shutting down around 2:30 or 3:00. Thank goodness, because I have lots of stuff to do/bake to get ready for Turkey Day at the neighbors' tomorrow, and I was NOT looking forward to being up all night with it.

2. I STILL have a major sinus headache. But either the humidifier is actually doing its job, or the double-dose of medicine is working, um slightly, to keep the headache down to a dull throb.

3. Izzy's evil switch is still ON for the mornings. It's to the point where I'm "helping" her get dressed again. I can't stand for her to just sit there and CRY ALL MORNING and then I have to be all mean and rush her out the door. So, I've been waking her up a few minutes earlier, and then I "coach" and try to "console" her through it. Mornings are a little better. A LITTLE. Seriously. What happened to that really happy easy-going baby we used to have once upon a time?

4. Izzy did manage to wake up dry today. First time in well over a week--which was the first time in I don't know how long. After having two kids who night-trained so quickly, I'm completely at a loss about what to do for THIS kid. I keep having to remind myself this she IS only four, she's a very, very deep sleeper (who hates waking up for ANYTHING), and that in all likelihood, she'll just GROW OUT OF IT. *sigh* I'd just like that to be sooner rather than later.

5. Keith reminded me today that I promised him a toy if he were to stop chewing his nails (Really? I did? Oh yeah! I guess I remember that!). He announced that he was NOT going to chew his nails today and then I'd have to give him a toy TONIGHT. Not so fast, buster. That's not the way it works! If you want a reward, it'll take at least a week. I have to be able to TRIM your nails (something I haven't had to do for him--or Mary--in YEARS) in order for you to get your prize. No way he's going to make it....

6. Than Mary asks, "Does that go for me, too?" Yeah. She won't make it, either. Actually, that's not fair. She DID manage to not chew her nails for a week once. The prize was getting her nails painted. Not five hours after her beautiful nails were beautifully painted, she chewed her nails AND the polish off. *sigh*

1 comment:

ya ya's mom said...

in regards to #4...our 4 year old struggles with being dry at night...we finally stopped using pullups and it has helped, but usually she wets the bed at least once or twice a week and sometimes more. we've started to lay a little blanket bed on the floor for when she wakes in the middle of the night wet. she knows to put on dry jammies and crawl into her dry "bed"

hang in there