Friday, April 20, 2007

Blue Skies Smilin' At Me

Finally, some semi-decent weather! The kids are finally getting outside with their respective day cares/school recesses. I'm enjoying a bit of sunshine while going out to run errands on my lunch break and such.

Mary is quite jealous that one of the girls at her day care just learned how to ride a two-wheeler (without training wheels!), so Mary has been trying to get on one while she's at her after-school provider's house. No success yet. She has a small bike at home (it's a hand-me-down from a friend), but the chain is off, it still has training wheels, and it's really too small for her now. Another friend is supposed to give us bikes (one for Keith AND Mary), but it's hard to get together to GET them. So....if we don't get together this weekend, I may just say "forget it" and just go and buy some new bikes. It's so exciting to actually have a driveway in which we can attempt to teach the kids--there was just way too much traffic at the ol' townhouse. And there are sidewalks across the street!

Today Keith and I had to get our teeth cleaned (and Izzy got to tag along). Both of us passed our exams with flying colors. The dentist can't get over how well my teeth/gums look now. When I first started going to him, I was pregnant with Mary and ended up with SEVEN cavities AND a root canal. I can't quite explain it myself--I've always had pretty decent oral hygiene. And my teeth were fine when we lived in Ohio. But for some reason, Rochester was pretty rotten on my teeth that first year and a half we lived here! Guess my teeth have adjusted now....?

When I dropped off the kids after our appointment, I was already going to miss almost a half a day at work. It was all I could do to not call in and just skip the rest of the day. So, so beautiful. And the kids were playing out in the sun, and I am stuck in a locked-up room--with NO windows--for the rest of the day!

*sigh*

3 comments:

Marcus said...

I see skies of blue, grass of green ... and I think to myself, what am I doing here (in this office)?

Yeah, I got the "boy is it nice out there" from people where I rarely get a chance to experience sun.

Try drinking milk -- it might limit the number of oral health issues, maybe not. Good luck with the bike training.

MR said...

[Butthead laugh]
she said "oral."

The lock you up at work?

"but what if there's a FIRE?"
-Da brekfus klub

Sara said...

Isn't the weather GLORIOUS!!!