It is not summer. We've only had spring for about a week, and even though we had a couple of "summer-like," beautiful days, it is NOT yet summer.
So why is it that EVERY store I go to for the girls ONLY has SHORTS and TANK TOPS for sale? Hello! This is Rochester! We CANNOT wear shorts and tank tops until AUGUST--and then only for two weeks! What the freak are they expecting the kids to wear until then????
And while I'm on a clothing gripe session: why on earth are the only clothes available for girls in pink and every other pastel??? Why can't girls wear something with COLOR to them? I LIKE pink, I really do--but NOT for EVERY SINGLE OUTFIT that my kid wears! And how on earth can a kid play like a REAL kid in the REAL dirt while wearing a freaking pastel tank top and a pastel skirt (and pastel sandals)! I want my girls to have FUN this spring/summer without my having to worry about buying the industrial-sized bottle of Shout!
I got so frustrated the other day with the lack of color in the Izzy-sized clothes, that I actually bought her a couple of boy outfits. Wow! Beautiful dark blues and greens and even a grey and bright orange! Variety! And more durable so that she won't put a hole in the shorts the first time she takes a spill on the driveway in them.
*sigh* I really must need more sleep to have that many all-cap words in a silly blog post. Sorry for the PMS moment, folks.
But, HONESTLY!! ;-)
3 comments:
A-HA! I finally got here before MDH. Let's see now, what do I want to say... oh!
"I'm saddened by your disfruitful quest for acceptable hues in the garments of your offspring. That's the way it goes when you have kids!"
YEAH! I NAILED IT, BABY!
I have one girl now after three boys, and I am mystified on the laundry issue. She looks so cute in light colors, skirts, tights--but then she can't play without me spending her bedtime saturating everything she wore with Shout. And I'm having trouble finding PLAIN TENNIES for a girl--it's all maryjanes, which I LOVE but...what does she wear outside, then? Great idea to raid the boys' department!
GOD! I KNOW!!
Post a Comment