We took the kids to the Y again Monday night. This time I spent about 30 minutes sitting by the side of the pool with Keith convincing him to get in. We took baby steps from one step to the next. Every time he'd go down another step, he'd get this fool grin on his face and laugh. Is he playing one on Mom and Dad for the attention, or is he really afraid of the water? So after much talking and reassuring, I finally get him to get in with me. Then after a while, John and I got him to hang onto a noodle--with us holding him. Then after that went well, we finally got him to hang on to the noodle and kick AND "swim" towards the opposing adult.
Wow. That was exhausting.
So the big question is: will Keith get in right away the next time we go to the pool? Or will it take more fits and more cajoling before we make it happen?
Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment