Er, more like I'm IN a funk.
It must be the weather. You know--the LACK of spring. I don't know, but I have been a complete and total B the last MONTH.
My poor kids are taking the brunt of it. And even though I KNOW I've currently got a hairtrigger temper, even though I SEE myself about to explode, for some reason I just can't stop it. Then I have this volcanic eruption, feel horrible, and spend the next ten minutes simmering before I finally apologize to the poor (although not always innocent) sap how flipped my switch. Something's gotta give.
I tried sooooo hard last night. But I think part of the problem is that the kids are on the edge, too. Not being able to get outside for the last few weeks (and all spring break!) is a bit rough. They are completely nuts and are feeling pent up, so they're exta loud and well, "bouncy." All I can see is the freak falls off the armchair, couch, and oh my God, Keith stop swinging that bat!! And the noise! And the making Izzy cry! Next thing you know, I've completely lost it, and all three kids are crying.
Cripes! I've been so bad lately, that last weekend when the kids got up early and I was still attempting to snooze in a little, I could hear Mary getting on to Keith for something completely trivial--and she just wouldn't let it go! And I thought, "Oh my God! That's the way I am to them, isn't it? She's gotten that incessant nagging from ME! I've influenced my daughter to become an ANNOYING, little B!" (And then I got up and yelled at her for yelling at him! Yeah, THAT was helpful!)
Obviously, I need some help here. First step, though, right???
And a break in the weather would be good, too.
1 comment:
Try a mini vacation.
Post a Comment